Viet Cong Pin Back Bonnie Cap Badge Early 1970s
Viet Cong Sun Helmet and Cap Badges, like this one, were made in the early 1970s from aluminum as was this one.
These VC badges were seen in 1972 during negotiations between the US and the NLF regarding the POW exchange and also at the POW Exchange in March 1973. When the exchange took place, the NLF Soldiers present wore cap badges in this red and blue color scheme on the front of their wide brim blue boonie hats as you can see in the photo.
These NLF badges were last seen in Mid 1975 in victory parades and rallies after the fall of Saigon. After 1975, the DRV took over all political and military functions of the NLF, including their flag and insignia, and disbanded them.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $150.00.
• We ship worldwide! See your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.
• We follow federal laws and regulations. Gas Masks, Ordnance and Munitions can not be shipped outside the United States.