US Civil War Union Artilleryman’s Cannon Friction Primer Box
A nice leather pouch issued to artillerymen to carry cannon friction primers.
After the cannon was loaded, a metal, tubular, friction primer was placed in the top vent of the cannon. A cord was then attached to the loop on friction primer and, when the command to fire was given, the cord was pulled igniting the primer and firing the cannon.
Has U.S. Navy Yard, Boston maker marks and intact belt loops.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• 30-day return policy.
• We've been collecting and selling militaria since the mid 1970s.
• Our online store has been in business since 2017.
• We accept credit cards & mailed payments.
• We ship worldwide - shipping rate will show in your cart before you pay.
• Enhanced staffing for fast shipping.
• We are veteran owned.