North Vietnamese Navy Brass Sun Helmet Badge
Very Good Condition
North Vietnamese Army insignia was developed over decades. They started with simple five pointed stars; added “Du Kich Quan” (Guerrilla Army) under the star; eliminated the writing in favor of brass 1st Model Badge with a simple star; and ended in 1959 with a star with sun bursts behind it, a cog wheel at the bottom and rice stalks surrounding the star.
All of these pre 1975 sun helmet badges are almost always made from cast or stamped BRASS, like this one.
The red coating on the front was enamel and is often chipped or has subsurface flaws.
On the other hand, post-1975 SRV sun helmet badges are made from shiny aluminum and have candy apple red paint rather than enamel.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $150.00.
• We ship worldwide! See your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.
• We follow federal laws and regulations. Gas Masks, Ordnance and Munitions can not be shipped outside the United States.