North Vietnamese Air Force Senior Captain Collar Tabs
The NVA wore collar tabs extensively in the North. In spite of regulations requiring them to be left in the North, some collar tabs made their way to the South and were found in packs and pockets.
Wartime collar tabs can be easily distinguished from post war in that wartime always were made of wool felt, like these. Post 1975 collar tabs are made of polyester.
They were attached to the collar by aluminum prongs or brass wire. Small string loops were typically sewn onto the collar where the prongs would pass through.
This pair is for an air force man. Specialized Air Force personnel went South and played a role in established anti-aircraft defenses around major base camps or assisting in recovering parts from downed aircraft.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• 30-day return policy.
• We've been collecting and selling militaria since the mid 1970s.
• Our online store has been in business since 2017.
• We accept credit cards & mailed payments.
• We ship worldwide - shipping rate will show in your cart before you pay.
• Enhanced staffing for fast shipping.
• We are veteran owned.