WW2 German Bakelite Can for 10.5 cm Artillery Flash Reducer
A nice bakelite container for Kartuschvorlagen, (flash reducer) charges for the 10.5 cm leichte Feldhaubitze 16/18 artillery cannon.
Potassium sulphate (Flash reducer) was packed in a silk bag. This bag was placed on top of the charge bags in the cartridge case when firing at night.
The combustion of the potassium salt provided an excess of nitrogen in the propellant gases at the muzzle and prevented their combination with the atmospheric oxygen to produce a flash.
This gun was the standard WW1 and WW2 German Artillery Piece in both the Army & SS. It was also mounted on an armored vehicle.
Well marked inside both the upper and lower sections.
These would definitely be reused as a container for things like matches, tobacco and personal effects.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• 30-day return policy.
• We've been collecting and selling militaria since the mid 1970s.
• Our online store has been in business since 2017.
• We accept credit cards & mailed payments.
• We ship worldwide - shipping rate will show in your cart before you pay.
• Enhanced staffing for fast shipping.
• We are veteran owned.