Soviet North Vietnamese Army Helmet with Net 1966
Many NVA became friendly fire casualties due to wearing helmets without camouflage. They were mistaken for ARVN soldiers and shot. As a result many NVA helmets brought back from Vietnam have netting of some kind. The nets made of cotton, bamboo reeds and communication wire of various colors.
Steel helmets were extensively issued along the HCM Trail due to the constant bombing . In the North, they were routinely worn by anti-aircraft units.
They were surplied mostly by the USSR, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary but also by the East Germans and Yugoslavs. The Chinese were not mass producing steel helmets during the 1960s.
This helmet is dated 1966 – 66r. The r is the Cyrillic abbreviation for year.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• 30-day return policy.
• We've been collecting and selling militaria since the mid 1970s.
• Our online store has been in business since 2017.
• We accept credit cards & mailed payments.
• We ship worldwide - shipping rate will show in your cart before you pay.
• Enhanced staffing for fast shipping.
• We are veteran owned.