North Vietnamese Navy Early Brass Cap Badge
$249.99Very Good Condition
North Vietnamese Army insignia was developed over decades. They started with simple five pointed stars; added “Du Kich Quan” (Guerrilla Army) under the star; eliminated the writing in favor of brass 1st Model Badge with a simple star; and ended in 1959 with a star with sun bursts behind it, a cog wheel at the bottom and rice stalks surrounding the star.
All of these pre 1975 sun helmet badges are almost always made from cast or stamped BRASS, like this one.
The red coating on the front was enamel and is often chipped or has subsurface flaws.
On the other hand, post-1975 SRV sun helmet badges are made from shiny aluminum and have candy apple red paint rather than enamel.
This is an example of an early North Vietnamese Navy pin back cap badge made in the beer can style.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• 30-day return policy.
• We've been collecting and selling militaria since the mid 1970s.
• Our online store has been in business since 2017.
• We accept credit cards & mailed payments.
• We ship worldwide - shipping rate will show in your cart before you pay.
• Enhanced staffing for fast shipping.
• We are veteran owned.