This item has been sold[World War Two WWII]
Japanese WW2 Naval Landing Force Tropical Field Cap – Petty Officer
This item has been sold
This is a rare Imperial Japanese WW2 Naval Ground Forces Tropical Field Cap. They were worn in the Pacific War by all Naval forces stationed on land including Naval Landing Forces, Naval Defense Forces, Anti-Aircraft Gun Crews, Aviation Support Crews, Construction Crews and other units. NLF forces were scattered all over the Pacific and fought on just about every Island including Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Roi Namur, Kwajalien, Saipan, Tinian, Guam, the Philippines, Iwo Jima and Okinawa.
They were made at several Naval Clothing Depots including Yokusuka, Sasebo and Shanghai, like this one. The label indicates which Depot made it, the size, year of manufacture and has a box for for the date of issue and the wearer’s name.
This particular cap is for a petty officer with one stripe. Officer’s caps had two stripes and sailors had none. This cap was made in Shanghai in 1944, Showa 19, and is size 2.
This cap is unissued but shows some age from having been made almost 75 years ago.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• Private collection not available for sale anywhere else!
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $149.00.
• We ship worldwide, see your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards, money orders, and checks at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.