Japanese pre WW2 Backpack Taishō era
$349.99Excellent, Good, New Old Stock, Very Good Condition
This is a rare pre-WW2 Japanese Army backpack.
It is marked manufactured in 大正 (Taishō) 9, which is 1920.
It is also marked, by hand, Showa 8 (1933) 12th month. The soldier’s name is present, also written by hand.
As you can see, it is basically a wooden frame to which canvas is attached. Fur covered leather is sewn to the canvas. It is completed with various leather straps. Because durable materials were used in it’s construction, it is still quite serviceable and will make a great display item.
This is the rare early pack carried into all the 1930s campaigns including Manchuria and China. It is very rare. It was replaced by the canvas and web pack.
All the leather straps are present and are not brittle. It’s age is apparent. Get it now as there are no others like it available.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $150.00.
• We ship worldwide! See your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.
• We follow federal laws and regulations. Gas Masks, Ordnance and Munitions can not be shipped outside the United States.