[Cold War, Gulf Wars]
Iranian Army Issue & Shia Insurgent Head Scarf
Excellent, New Old Stock Condition
The practice of wearing scarfs around one's head is an ancient one from just about everywhere in the Middle East. Even in places where there is no particular need to wear a scarf to protect against sun and sand, these are worn with everyday clothing. In Iran they are issued to all soldiers as part of the standard uniform.
This particular scarf is Iranian made, probably in the 1980s. It came with some Iranian items many year ago; some of which we are offering here.
There are no labels. They were cut from long bolts, had their edges split and tied at the ends.
This very pattern of scarf has been worn around the neck and head by Iranian soldiers for decades.
Shi'ite Insurgents in Iraq during OIF also wore this same scarf as they were supplied then and now by Iran.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $150.00.
• We ship worldwide! See your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.
• We follow federal laws and regulations. Gas Masks, Ordnance and Munitions can not be shipped outside the United States.