This item has been sold[Detecting the Fakes - Post 1975 PAVN Items]
Distinguishing Amongst Ho Chi Minh SandalsNew Old Stock Condition
HCM sandals made for GIs as souvenirs or shower shoes, or those being made in the SRV now, will typically be large size and will still have their round tire shape when viewed from the side.
The easiest way to tell a real NVA VC Ho Chi Minh Sandal is to look at the bottom of the sandal where the inner tube is pulled through. A soft rubber inner tube wears down and looks ragged on the ends when worn over a long period of time.
Non NVA and VC Ho Chi Minh sandals will have unused rubber pulled through as they simply were not worn much at all. Often this rubber extends an inch or two from the bottom of the sandal as shown.
Have a question about this item? Ask us anything
Why buy from Enemy Militaria?
• 100% satisfaction 30-day returns. Lifetime authenticity guarantee.
• Free shipping to all U.S. addresses on orders > $150.00.
• We ship worldwide! See your international shipping rate at checkout.
• We accept most credit cards at checkout.
• Verified Authorize.net merchant, providing safe credit card processing.